K4Health Toolkits are electronic collections of carefully selected information resources on a particular topic for health policy makers, program managers and service providers. They are based on a continuous publishing principle that allows them to evolve after publication to capture additional resources and to identify and fill remaining information gaps.
This Toolkit shares evidence-based guidance and tools for the provision of emergency contraceptives.
The Emergency Contraception Toolkit was developed by K4Health and reviewed by the International Consortium for Emergency Contraception (ICEC). We welcome collaboration and feedback from interested organizations.
This Toolkit is not a comprehensive library of all existing emergency contraception publications but a strategic package of resources to guide decision makers, donors, program managers, service providers, advocates, and others through the processes of planning, implementing, expanding, or improving emergency contraceptive programs. These resources include:
Essential Knowledge on emergency contraception
Policy & Advocacy information and tools
Training & Service Delivery manuals, curricula, and counseling tools
Program Management resources
Country Experiences with provision of emergency contraception
- Donors and policymakers will find evidence packaged in a variety of formats about the importance of ensuring access to emergency contraceptive services.
- Program managers will find information and tools to help them advocate for resources to launch, maintain, improve or expand their emergency contraceptive programs.
- Health service providers, including clinicians and community health workers, will find resources for effectively communicating with clients about emergency contraception and for providing quality emergency contraceptive counseling and services.
- Communication professionals can use the Toolkit resources to explore strategies, media, and messages for meeting the need for emergency contraception in a variety of settings.
There are several ways to browse the content of this Toolkit:
- Use the purple navigation menu on the right side of the page to browse sections of the Toolkit by topic.
- Use the Search This Toolkit search bar on the right side of the page below the navigation menu to search for resources by keyword, language, publisher, or publication date.
- Use the Toolkit site map.
Within each Toolkit page, lists of resources are ordered according to publication date, and within the same publication year, resources are ordered alphabetically. Click on the title of the resource for more information about it, or click on the full-text link to get direct access to the full publication. Some of the tools are readily available in an adaptable format (for example, Microsoft Word documents and PowerPoint presentations). We encourage you to alter and personalize these tools for your own use. (Please remember to credit the source).