The Training Resource Package for Family Planning: Benefits of Family Planning
This module is designed to be used by clinical trainers and pre-service educators with a thorough understanding of adult learning principles and the ability to provide clinical training on FP topics in pre-service or in-service settings.
Designed to actively involve the trainees in the learning process, sessions include:
- a session plan,
- PowerPoint presentations, and
- accompanying activities and resources.
By the end of the training, trainees should be able to:
- Define family planning (FP)
- Describe the risks of pregnancy and delivery among women with various characteristics and conditions
- Describe how FP improves the lives of women, children, families, and communities
- List the benefits of FP for all women, for children, for families and communities.
- Discuss FP in the context of human rights
- Explain how FP contributes to the Millennium Development Goals