Analyze the Financing Data
Once you have collected all your data, you will be able to analyze the funding requirements, commitments, and spending in a variety of ways. To do this, it may be helpful to organize the data you have collected using the template Amount Committed for Contraceptives by Funding Source.
Determine which analyses to use.
Your analyses will depend on your objectives as defined. Here are some examples of common analyses that can be done:
- Commitment as a Percentage of Need
- Comparison of Requirements, Commitments, and Spending
- Spending by:
- Spending as a percentage of:
- Total commitments
- Commitment by source (see template)
- Public share of spending on contraceptives for the government scheme.
Depending on the analysis and the needs of your target audience, you may want to present the information either as a graph or a table, as shown in the examples below.