This toolkit contains resources selected by the staff of FHI to help policy makers, program managers, service providers, and other audiences improve family planning (FP) and HIV services by integrating them so that they are available from a single source. Program experience is demonstrating the benefits of integration, but more research is needed to determine how best to adapt integrated services to different settings and deliver them efficiently
- Up-to-date background and reference materials to design evidence-based, state-of-the-art programs.
- Job aids and other tools to increase the effectiveness and quality of program activities and services.
- PowerPoint presentations and other quality information resources that can be downloaded and adapted to better serve local circumstances and languages.
- Various publication formats including books, manuals, briefs, case studies, fact sheets, newsletters, pamphlets, posters, project reports, reviews, teaching and training materials, photographs, and other tools.
- Policy makers will find research and information to help set national guidelines for FP/HIV integration and plan for changes in service delivery.
- Program managers will find information and job aids to help them develop a strategy to retool their facilities for the provision of integrated FP and HIV services.
- Health care providers will find information and job aids to help them counsel clients effectively in the newly integrated service and meet needs related both to FP and HIV.
- Logistics managers will find tools and resources to help maintain a steady flow of supplies and to respond quickly if shortages occur.
- Communication professionals can use the toolkit resources to explore strategies, media, and messages about FP/HIV integration for potential users, current users, their partners, and communities.
- Trainers can review the latest training techniques and curricula for FP/HIV integration.
- Researchers can create customized searches for scientific articles, reports, photographs, and other materials relating to FP/HIV integration.
FHI 360 staff selected the resources based on a wide search for relevant published and grey literature from around the world.