Community of Practice
The Maternal, Infant and Young Child Nutrition and Family Planning Integration (MIYCN-FP) Community of Practice serves as a discussion space and library for people involved in the MICYN-FP Integration Working Group. The 400+ members hail from a variety of organizations spanning over 30 countries. This group is open to anyone working and interested in nutrition, infant and young child feeding, and family planning or related fields.
To join the community, visit https://knowledge-gateway.org/miycnfp. Community members are encouraged to share announcements, events, new resources, requests for information, etc. related to MIYCN-FP through the community email list. To submit a message to the moderator for dissemination, email firstname.lastname@example.org or log into the community website to start a new discussion.
The Working Group
The Working Group is co-hosted by the MCSP and SPRING programs. To receive notifications about upcoming working group meetings, please join the MIYCN-FP Community of Practice or email Devon Mackenzie (email@example.com).
The working group's vision is that all women and children have access to family planning and nutrition interventions during maternal, newborn, and child health services and use them to achieve optimal health. Group goals include:
- Identify effective strategies for the integration of MIYCN and FP in nutrition; maternal, newborn, and child health (MNCH), and HIV/prevention of mother to child transmission (PMTCT) services
- Adopt evidence-based MIYCN and FP strategies at various levels from policy to implementation at both community and facility levels
- Advocate among policy makers, managers, healthcare providers, and community leaders on the mutual benefit of integrating MIYCN and FP and HIV services
The Working Group and Community of Practice provide a forum to:
- Share experiences on MIYCN/FP integration from a variety of programs including MNCH, infant and young child nutrition (IYCN), FP, and HIV
- Document and share successful practices of MIYCN/FP integration
- Collect, review, and standardize programmatic guidance, including job aids, training materials, and other resources for effective integration of MIYCN and FP and disseminate globally
- Develop advocacy materials and tools to promote MIYCN-FP integration
- Develop indicators to measure MIYCN-FP integration in MNCH, IYCN, FP and PMTCT programs along with guidance on how to use them
This section of the toolkit includes Working Group meeting reports from the past several years. For access to related presentations and archives of earlier meetings, please visit the MIYCN-FP Community of Practice library.