NSV Informational Brochure and Poster (Hindi)
TEXT FOR THE NSV POSTER
The NSV procedure takes 10 - 20 minutes.
A man can walk home in an hour after the procedure.
There is minimal/hardly any pain (na ke barabar dard) during the NSV procedure.
Erection and ejaculation remain the same after the procedure.
TEXT FOR BROCHURE
1. What is NSV?
- NSV is a permanent method of contraception for men.
- It takes 10–20 minutes to complete the NSV procedure.
- A man can walk home on his own an hour after the procedure.
2. Does NSV reduce sexual ability and ejaculation?
Sexual ability and ejaculation continue to be the same after a man accepts NSV. As shown in the diagram, seminal fluid and sperm are produced in different glands. During the NSV procedure, the vessel that carries sperm is blocked, whereas the vessels that produce seminal fluid remain intact. Hence, ejaculation remains the same after NSV. The nerves and vessels that control erection are not tampered with during NSV. Hence, after NSV, the beneficiary has a normal erection.
3. Does NSV cause physical weakness?
In NSV, an incision is not done. In this procedure, a small puncture is made in the scrotum; this causes almost no blood loss. After the procedure, an adhesive bandage is used at the puncture site. Hence, due to almost no blood loss, NSV does not cause physical weakness.
4. What are the main aspects that make NSV effective?
- After NSV, a couple can have sex as they desire after two to three days. But it is necessary to use a condom or some other contraceptive for three months after the procedure.
- After taking two days rest, the beneficiary can start normal work. However, he should not start cycling or using spade until after seven days. To compensate for the wage loss, the Government of India is paying Rs. 1100 to the beneficiary.
5. Where and when should one go for NSV?
- If you are satisfied with your family size, then you can go for NSV now, because your wife could conceive tonight.
- NSV services are available free of cost at district hospital and community health centers.