The WHO Strategic Approach to Strengthening Sexual and Reproductive Health Policies and Programmes
This Strategic Approach has been demonstrated to be a successful method for strengthening polices and programs for a range of sexual and reproductive health issues. The Strategic Approach includes:
- a staged implementation process that links assessment, pilot-testing, and scaling up;
- a systems framework to highlight the relevant factors for decision-making about appropriate services;
- a reproductive health philosophy of reproductive rights, gender equity, and empowerment;
- a focus on improving equitable access to and quality of care so that services are client-centered and responsive to community needs
- a participatory process to consider the concerns of all relevant stakeholders; and
- country ownershp of the process and the results.